Family top 25 in Scotland
2. Meet the famous ponies on Shetland. Fivla and Vitamin, and their Fair Isle jumpers, became stars around the world in VisitScotland’s viral video (check out YouTube), but you see their cousins face to face in the wilds of the Shetland Isles.
3. Go see the awesome Kelpies, two huge sculptures of horse-like mythological creatures. They form part of the Helix, a new parkland between Falkirk and Grangemouth in Central Scotland, which is a focal point of this month’s John Muir Festival. PIc credit: Kenny Lam.
4. Take the world’s shortest scheduled flight between Westray and Papa Westray on Orkney. It only takes tow minutes but the views are incredible.
5. Land in a plane on a beach runway on Barra, in the Outer Hebrides.
6. Take a tour of the farm, learn how ice cream is made and enjoy the adventure playground at the Cream O’Galloway Visitor Centre, Dumfries & Galloway.
7. Get up close and personal with Jaws at the Coll of the Sharks Festival, Isle of Coll, in August.
8. See the stunning Falls of Lora at the end of Loch Etive.
10. Climb aboard the RRS Discovery in Dundee and discover the story of Captain Scott's remarkable Antarctic expedition that set out from the city.
11. Take a boat trip to see the Corryvreckan whirlpool, the world’s third largest whirlpool.
12. Share the road at Plockton in the northern Highlands with Highland Cows and palm trees. Yes, really!
13. Enjoy fish & chips sitting at Crail Harbour in the East Neuk in Fife
14. Follow in the fictional footsteps of Inspector Rebus on a walking tour around Edinburgh
15. Enjoy watersports, including canoeing, kayaking and wakeboarding, on Loch Lomond, the UK’s largest area of inland freshwater.
16. Come face to face with characters from the past at Stirling Castle.
17. Go Loch Ness Monster hunting and visit the Loch Ness Centre.
18. Climb a Munro, one of Scotland’s 282 mountaIns with a summit of more than 3,000ft.
19. Follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter crossing the Glenfinnan Viaduct by train.
20. Walk along the beach at Achmelvich in Sutherland.
21.Take the famous 164-mile West Highland line to Mallaig.
22. Visit the Callanish Standing Stones in Lewis.
23. Take a boat trip to the unique Fingal’s Cave in the Inner Hebrides.
24. Bungee jump a bridge at Killiecrankie, Perthshire
25. Watch the sun set near Brodick Castle on the Isle of Arran.